Monday 3 October 2011

Photography

Using the darkroom


We did a test strip using the enlarger, to find out what exposure that we would use when we prepare our projects for print. we did this by setting 2 second intervals on the enlarger and sliding the photographic paper across, doing up to 20 seconds which came out best for me.


The task set was to design a Album Cover for a song called 'I'll be you mirror' by just reading the lyrics;

I'll be your mirror 
Reflect what you are, in case you don't know 
I'll be the wind, the rain and the sunset 
The light on your door to show that you're home 
When you think the night has seen your mind 
That inside you're twisted and unkind 
Let me stand to show that you are blind 
Please put down your hands 
'Cause I see you 

I find it hard to believe you don't know 
The beauty that you are 
But if you don't let me be your eyes 
A hand in your darkness, so you won't be afraid 

When you think the night has seen your mind 
That inside you're twisted and unkind 
Let me stand to show that you are blind 
Please put down your hands 
'Cause I see you 

I'll be your mirror



Evidence of my final out come is in the my sketchbook, I noted to my first thoughts after listening to the song once which were;

  • 1960's Countryside
  • Protective
  • Person being watched
  • Mirror
  • Sunset
  • Someone alone
  • Cracked sound
after completing this and then putting the artwork on the enlarger for 20 seconds I then had to develop the image!

this was accomplished by;
    • First of all placing the photographic paper in to the STOP for two minutes
    • Then placing the paper in to the FIX 1 minute
    • then finally in the WASH for 4 minutes to complete the process.

heres a photo of me holding up my test strip, before processing my photogram for the album cover.

Here is my photogram that I created to make the album cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment